Thank you for your interest in participating in the Donate Life Texas 2nd Chance Run. We are grateful for your participation. Your safety is our priority, which is why we have created these tips and the weather cancellation policy below for our 2nd Chance Run in-person events.
Participant, volunteer, and spectator safety throughout our race is our number one concern.
Medical Aid and Medical Personnel
- There will be EMS services on-site with a bike unit, or golf cart access to all areas of the site.
- If you have a medical incident, please get the attention of any of the LifeGift staff and volunteers and EMS will be dispatched.
- It’s Texas in the spring and the heat and humidity are unpredictable, so please be safe and stay hydrated.
- Water stations are located in the Sponsor Village and at stops approximately every mile on the course.
- Please don’t forget about your four-legged participants. Water bowls are provided at each water station and the village.
Help Us Help You
To ensure a safe race, please follow these rules of the road:
- Do not leave bags, backpacks or items unattended. Any bags or items left unattended will be removed by security personnel.
- No one is allowed on the course without a properly issued race number that corresponds to your name and information.
- Help keep the site clean by not littering. Water stop volunteers will clean up cups and gel packets dropped past their aid stations, but please be considerate of the venue.
- No unofficial race vehicles will be allowed on the course.
- Spectators must stay clear of the course and off the roads to avoid interfering with the participants.
- HAVE FUN!
See Something, Say Something
While staff and volunteers are always looking out for your safety, you are the number one security guard. If you see something suspicious, do not hesitate to alert the race staff.
Threatening Weather Conditions
The Donate Life Texas 2nd Chance Run may be canceled or delayed if any of the following weather conditions exist:
- Tornado Warning/Watch
Start of the Race/Cancellation of the Event
The start of the event may be delayed as late as one hour from the posted start time if any of the above weather conditions persist.
Authority to Cancel the Event
The race director, in accordance with the city and the local law enforcement, has the authority to cancel the event. Please understand that no refunds will be issued, since funds were already spent in preparation for race day.
In the event of a cancellation, all participants will be given the opportunity to pick up their individual packets at a later time.
Broadcast of Cancellation:
- If the event is canceled at least 24 hours prior to the start time, we will notify all participants via email of the cancellation.
- If the race is canceled during the actual event, on-site notification will be provided and disseminated as appropriate.